1. Did you use a fluid line? Explain how is this evident?
I did use a fluid line. This is evident because you can see that everything in the piece is connected. For example the sink on the right side is connected by a line to the countertop.
2. Explain how your knowledge and creating practice studies with contour line contributed to the success of your piece.
The practice we had with contour drawing(the blind hand drawings) taught me how to simply draw what I see and not worry about shading. Basically to only worry about angles and defining features. Before these projects It was very difficult for me to draw what I see.
3. Describe the difference in your contour line drawing to an outline drawing.
A contour drawing is a drawing that is all one continuous line while an outline drawing is still just drawing the main lines and angles but it does not have to be one continuous line.
4. Explain how your interpretation of line is essential in capturing the look of the room.
My interpretation of line is essential in capturing the look of the room because my hand simply follows wherever my eyes go and at the same pace as my eye. I learned through doing the hand contours that if your eye moves too fast your picture turns out smaller and weirdly.proportioned. The same occurred with the contour room drawing. In my practice drawing, I would love to quickly at some points and slower at other points so everything was off from everything else.
6. What did you learn from completing this drawing? If you could recreate your piece what would you do differently to enhance the final outcome?
I learned that it is not actually that hard to draw a room loosely in contour. It was very intimidating at first to think about drawing an entire section of the room in one line but once I started it wasn't avtuat that bad. If I could recreate my final piece I would add more detail on the ceiling and in the cabinets and the wires of the computer stand.